Friday 5 June 2015

Bathroom Decor

If you're a regular visitor to Funky-Junk you will know that I recently revamped my bathroom using little more than a some chalk paint.  If you missed the posts you can see them by clicking here and here.  After all the hard work on the floor was done, a few accessories and some wall decor was needed to replace the items that had been removed and I thought it would be nice to make a couple of plaquettes for myself (for a change). I had a beautiful floral vintage design napkin that was given to me as a gift and some of the flowers were orange - a perfect match for the bathroom and I was looking forward to using it for a découpage project.

First, I sponge painted the base of both plaquettes with two different shades of orange chalk paint.  I then découpaged one of them using the napkin with the orange flowers.  For the second plaquette I used a mix of napkin and paper découpage.  The Edges were given a distressed finish and a few coats of sealant were added.  Topped off with some green velvet ribbon, they're just what was needed as a final touch.
Click to make bigger


Click to make bigger

Click to make bigger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here