Thursday 6 October 2016

Painted and Découpaged Key Cabinet

A pine key cabinet that I bought online some years back and painted and distressed at the time was looking a bit dull and as nothing is safe from my paintbrush these days, it became my next victim!

It's not difficult to change the look of something with a fresh coat of paint or some découpage or both and this little job was done in a jiffy.  First, I crackled the paint underneath using a crackle medium and then I découpaged each section using some floral card cut-outs.  A couple of coats of matt varnish and voilá!  The fourth photo below is the before photo.




I hope you enjoyed reading about my little project, don't forget you can leave a comment below if you wish or you can contact me using the Contact Form to the right of this post at the top of the page.

Bye for now



No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here